1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual Father Daughter Relationship Question

Discussion in 'Discuss Sexual Abuse' started by lookingup, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Hi
    Question: I know someone (a father) who molested his daughter in her early teens. They kept it between themselves and he basically manipulated her in doing it but not forced. They acted as lovers in private. She would send him naked photos of herself. He would ask for sex and sometimes she would refuse. How do I know? Well that's a long story and all I can say is that the truth is out now. She is 21 years old now. Why do you think she continues this behavior? She isn't forced to do it.

By the way she sexually attracted to women so what in the world is going on here? Can anyone provide some answers perhaps from experience? FYI-She lives with her father and chooses not to live with mom and siblings. I just don't understand why she would consensually have sex with her biological father-gross.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  2. Brucielucy

Brucielucy I am Worth Something!! Staff Member

Hi Lookingup,

I moved this post to its own thread so that it gets noticed, and it's not about Father's Day.

In answer to your question - I don't know why anybody would continue this relationship - unless she is still under his control. She possibly has such a warped sense of self and normality that she is totally being manipulated still. I would think she desperately need help even if she does not believe that herself. She probably denies it is anything abnormal because that is what she has been trained to think.

You say the truth is now out. I would hope that means she is being considered as a vulnerable adult and has Social Workers investigating and helping/ supporting her.

You may get other more enlightened replies on here that will help find the answers. By the way - have you had the opportunity to ask her?